UNITED–HSM assists Insurers, Third Party Administrators and Self-insured Companies in managing personal injury cases of Employees’ Compensation, Motor Liability and General Liability Claims. Our experienced Case Managers help the injured to achieve maximum medical improvement through a range of well co-ordinated health management services. Our services include:-
General File Review (GFR)
We review clients’ outstanding personal injury files and provide advices on
- Follow-up actions to be taken by the clients
- Whether our Case Management Services is necessary
- Appropriate medical treatments to be arranged for the injured (with comments on cost effectiveness)
Telephonic Case Management (TCM)
- TCM program is a cost-effective way to avoid lower value claims from growing into a substantial claim. The program is more successful if our involvement is employed in the initial stage after injury.
Case Management Services (CMS)
Case Management Services involve the evaluation on disability and medical and vocational impacts on the injured. Our Case Manager works closely with the treating physicians and the treatment team and evaluates the effectiveness of medical treatment. We provide recommendations for specialized facilities, services and additional medical opinions, if necessary.
Case Management Services provide the following benefits:
- To facilitate an effective monitoring and control system through a three-point contact of the injured, employer and physician in early stage.
- To provide a communication platform for the injured worker, family, healthcare provider, employer, lawyer and insurance company.
- To design a complete treatment plan and keep monitoring.
- To recommend a second medical opinion if the treating physician’s treatment plan is not effective to bring the injured worker to an improved health and return-to-work stage.
- To review whether further diagnostic testing is necessary and to obtain physician’s projection on the sick leave period before return-to-work, activity restrictions and the extent of permanent disability.
- To assist the employer to design a modified job duty program for the injured worker if required.
- To estimate the length of disability of the injured worker for Insurers to prepare an accurate claim reserve.
- To obtain useful medical evidences for early settlement of the claim or potential court hearing.
Life Care Plan (LCP)
- Under LiftCare Plan, we assess medical needs and associated costs for long-term care situations including permanent disability cases. We evaluate the needs of durable medical equipment, adaptive devices, home modification and other kinds of specialized cares required. LCP can identify the potentials for significant cost savings.
Co-ordinating Independent Medical Examination (IME)
whether Case Management Services is necessary
the proposed medical treatments for the injured and their appropriateness, timeliness and cost effectiveness.